Sometimes knowing how to play the flute or whistle helps you attract someone’s attention. It may be a bit difficult and complicated at first, but if you put in a little effort, it’s not difficult at all. Join hahuytap.edu.vn to learn 3 simple ways to play the flute with your hands, mouth, and recorder below.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- Về quê kiếm chồng vì giận bỏ đi xa, vừa bước tới cửa thì rụng rời tay chân khi thấy thứ này treo tòn ten bên ngoài sân
- Chuẩn bị ‘động phòng’ hoa chúc, chồng bất ngờ khóa cửa bắt vợ ngủ ngoài và câu nói của mẹ chồng khiến tôi đắng chát lòng
- Tra mã vận đơn Shopee Express SIÊU TỐC có thể bạn chưa biết
- Lỡ gặp ngay nhân tình của chồng ở rạp chiếu phim, vợ chỉ ‘ra tay’ nhẹ như lông hồng khiến cả chồng với bồ sợ tới già
- Phát hiện phòng bố chồng có mùi lạ, vừa đẩy cánh cửa phòng ra, tôi hốt hoảng, bủn rủn tay chân khi nhìn thấy cảnh tượng không tưởng
What is flute playing?
Flute playing is a musical activity, that is, playing a musical instrument called a flute by blowing into its mouth to create sound. The flute is a popular ethnic musical instrument and is used around the world. Flute players often use breathing and blowing into the mouth to create different notes. Playing the flute requires breath control, finger control, and tuning techniques to create music with precision and emotion.
What types of flutes are there?
There are many different types of flutes in the world, each with its own structure and sound. Here are some popular types of flutes:
- Bamboo Flute: This is a traditional flute of many Asian countries such as China, Japan, Korea, Vietnam and other East Asian countries. Bamboo flutes are usually made from bamboo and have a series of blowing holes. It has a clear, soft and varied sound.
- Cat Flute: This type of flute is made from a light plastic or metal tube, shaped like a flute but more compact. The cat flute often has a bright and cheerful sound, used in folk or pop music.
- Alto/Bass Flute: These are larger versions of the bamboo flute, with a wider size and range of sound. The Alto flute has a sound range from C4 to C6, while the Bass flute has a sound range from C3 to C5. They are often used in classical or folk music compositions.
- Pan Flute: This is a type of flute with many small pipes stacked on top of each other, forming a set of flutes that can play many notes at the same time. The Pan flute has a warm, gentle sound and is often used in calming music.
- Irish Tin Whistle: This is a type of flute originating from Ireland. It is made from aluminum or tin and has a clear, bright sound and can play traditional Irish music.
What technique is required to play the flute?
Playing the flute requires some basic techniques to be able to play music fluently. Here are some important techniques when playing the flute:
- Adjusting breathing: The technique of adjusting the amount of breath entering the flute is very important. Players must learn and adjust the amount of breathing to suit each note and desired sound effect.
- Adjust lip placement: Place your lips over part of the flute’s blow hole to create a sound. Proper lip placement technique and adjusting the pressure on the blowhole are important for controlling the sound and notes.
- Finger tuning: The flute player’s fingers will play a role in opening and closing the holes on the flute to create different notes. Finger tuning technique and how to place them on the flute holes are necessary to play the notes and pieces correctly.
- Flute holding technique: How to hold the flute also affects technique and sound. Players need stability and comfort when holding the flute to be able to express music flexibly and naturally.
- Coordination technique between breath and fingers: Flute playing technique requires good coordination between breath and fingers. Players need to be able to regulate their breathing and simultaneously move their fingers to produce smooth and precise sounds.
Through time and practice, flute players will improve their technique and ability to play music fluently and creatively.
How to play the flute by hand
No tools needed, just your hands and you can play the flute easily. Specific steps will be guided in detail.
Method 1: Use two fingers
– Step 1: First, pinch the tips of your index finger and thumb together. You can use either hand, but using your dominant hand will be easier. The index finger and thumb will form a circle when the two fingertips are together.
– Step 2: Next, open your mouth and stretch your lips down over your teeth. Teeth must be completely covered. The lips curl into the mouth.
– Step 3: Then, roll your tongue to the back of the roof of your mouth. Curl your tongue up so that the tip of your tongue points toward the roof of your mouth. Move your tongue back so that the front part of your mouth has space. The tongue will be about 1.3 cm away from the front teeth.
– Step 4: Put your thumb and index finger in your mouth. Put two fingers in your mouth until they touch your tongue. The circle between the two fingers will now be horizontal.
– Step 5: Next, take a deep breath, close your mouth around 2 fingers. Remember to always stretch your lips above your teeth. The only gap between the two lips is just the space between two fingers. That’s where the air escapes when you play the flute with your hands.
– Step 6: Blow out strongly, but not so hard that you feel pain. Just practice a little and you will get results.
Method 2: Use four fingers
– Step 1: First, use 2 index fingers and 2 middle fingers of both hands to form an “A” shape. The index and middle fingers of each hand are extended. Turn your hands so that your palms face your body. Next, pinch your middle fingers together to form an “A” shape. The ring finger and little finger curl down. Use your thumbs to press down on these fingers if necessary.
– Step 2: Stretch your lips over your teeth. Remember your lips must cover your teeth, your lips must curve inward over the bottom edge of your teeth.
– Step 3: Then, put the tips of your index and middle fingers into your mouth. Palms facing the body. You still hold your fingers in an “A” shape like before putting your hand in your mouth.
– Step 4: Next, use your fingers to push your tongue to the back of your mouth. Raise your tongue so that the tip of the tongue points toward the roof of your mouth. Use the tips of your index and middle fingers to push on the underside of your tongue. Continue pushing until your tongue is as deep into your mouth as possible.
– Step 5: You close your mouth around your fingers. Your mouth should be tightly closed, except for the gaps between your fingers to allow air to escape. That’s how you make flute sounds.
– Step 6: You blow through your fingers and lips. Blow hard but don’t let it hurt. The first few times it may not make the desired sound. Just try to practice.
How to play the flute with your mouth
In addition to the above method of playing the flute with your hands, you can learn the trick of playing the flute with your mouth, which is equally simple.
– Step 1: First, say the word “chu” and keep your lips in that position. Note: You must not let your teeth touch each other.
– Step 2: Then, you put the tip of your tongue to touch the lower teeth.
– Step 3: Next, you just need to blow the air out from your chest slowly. You will hear a whistle. Don’t inflate your cheeks because it won’t make a sound.
– Step 4: You may not be able to make a good flute sound at first. Practice a little patiently. The trick is to drink a little water to make your tongue more moist and make flute sounds easier.
* Some notes when playing the flute with your mouth
– You need to know that the frequency of your flute sound will depend on the sound intensity and vibrations in the larynx and palate. All will resonate together, creating different pitches through the gaps between the teeth.
– To adjust the pitch when playing the flute, you change the speed of the breath faster or slower. In addition, you can push softer or harder to adjust the strength of the sound.
How to play the recorder flute
How to play the recorder flute requires you to invest a little in learning tools, which is a flute. This popular musical instrument has a simple, convenient design, close to the lives of Vietnamese people. If you are passionate and want to play fluently, learn the steps below immediately.
Step 1: Refer to documents about flutes
With the continuous development of the Internet industry today, learning to play the flute has become more convenient and easier. You can refer to materials from books, websites, videos, online and offline flute playing courses. Everything is very easy to understand. So try to read a lot of documents and watch videos to help people gain more good knowledge about the flute.
Basic knowledge you should pay attention to when learning to play the flute:
- How to choose the right flute
- Correct posture to hold and play the flute
- How to catch your breath
- Knowledge of music theory
Step 2: Buy a suitable flute
Choosing a good flute for yourself is very important for beginners learning to play the flute. Because the sounds of the flute are not accurate, it can easily lead to poor hearing and make practice difficult.
Flute is also divided into many types, each type has a different tone. For example, if you are learning to play the flute, choosing a flute with the tone C5 is the most appropriate. Because the notes on the flute body correspond to the notes of the low tone and are also the tones found in many songs. On the body of the Do flute, the distance between the notes Do and Re makes changing notes easier compared to other types of flutes.
Things to note when choosing to buy a flute:
- You compare the diameter of the flute. If two flutes have the same length and thickness but have different diameters, the sound of the flute with the larger diameter will be deeper.
- You compare the thickness of the flute. If two flute pipes have the same diameter and length but have different thicknesses, the pipe with a greater thickness will emit a deeper sound.
- You compare the length of the flute. If two flutes have the same diameter and thickness but have different lengths, the longer flute will produce a deeper sound.
In the early stages of learning how to play the flute, choose a flute of moderate quality and choose some bass to make it easier to play. Once you get more familiar, choose a suitable tone and a suitable flute.
Step 3: Learn how to hold the flute and the correct fingering position
To be able to play the flute requires a lot of patience and practice. In the early stages, learn how to hold the flute correctly. Sometimes you will feel pain in your hand and feel backward. But over time you will get used to it.
To play the flute correctly, you need to pay attention to two parts: lips and fingers:
- Four fingers (including two little fingers and two thumbs) hold the flute so that the flute stays steady when the other six fingers open at the same time. Use your tongue to wet your lips with saliva.
- Then place the flute hole between the upper lip and lower lip, use the lower lip as a fulcrum and rotate outward at an angle of about 90 degrees. Purse your lips (lips close to teeth) and start blowing (combined with fingering).
– Step 4: Practice blowing with simple exercises
The easy-to-play sound is the sound of songs that don’t require too much technique. However, you still need to learn how to play single tongue and vibrate. You should also not be tempted to play notes too high because many new players will not be able to do it. The music is simple and repeats a few sentences, so you don’t need to remember too many complicated notes.
Introducing some simple sound appreciation exercises for beginners:
- Three-year-old child: The song only has a few short sentences, then it’s played repeatedly.
- Chickens in the yard: The song has a cheerful rhythm, is easy to remember and practice.
- Good night baby: The song has a slow, comfortable rhythm so it’s easy for you to use your fingers.
- Little Elephant in Ban Don: The song has a cheerful rhythm and is easy to remember.
- A Song From Secret Garden: Foreign song with familiar melody, not too difficult.
– Step 5: Join bamboo flute clubs and groups
Joining a bamboo flute club or group also helps you change very quickly. There are friends and people with similar interests to guide you, so mistakes can be fixed immediately. You also take advantage of club meetings to interact and share problems you encounter during your studies. From there, I received a lot of advice and useful suggestions from people with the same passion.
– Step 6: Practice persistently
The most important factor in whatever you do is to try and be persistent. Perseverance is a mental state that you can cultivate and practice. Perseverance simply means not giving up, not being fast, and as long as you don’t stop.
Trying to learn with a serious attitude, being diligent in learning and persistently practicing non-stop will help everyone soon get the results they want. Because “if hard work sharpens iron, one day you will be successful”. Once you have decided to stick with the flute and want to become proficient, regular practice to improve your skills is indispensable. No matter how talented or intelligent you are, if you don’t practice hard and maintain that habit, it will only happen in a short time. If you have difficulty, stop for a moment and then move on. Never give up.
So, you know how to play the flute with your hands and also with the simple tool above. It’s all very interesting, isn’t it? However, remember to be persistent and patient to achieve success. See many cool and interesting things here!